Tuesday, July 5, 2011

-Haute Couture-

To be honest Haute Couture was something that I didn't find interesting at all, with it's over the top and elaborate pieces I seriously thought it was just an excuse to show what designers came up with when they were either high or intoxicated. However as I slowly started to discover this interesting section in Fashion I began to appreciate the unique pieces that the designers created. Having Bill Gaytten creating Christian Dior's Haute Couture Collection many have missed the touch that Galliano gave to the house of 'Dior'. Someone who I have begun to fallen in love with is designer ' Iris Van Herpen' , with her edgy and unique designs I find her to be the female version of  'Alexander Mc Queen' as she does not only create 'OUT THERE' pieces but her use of industrial material. These are just some of my fav's below :)

 Christian Dior
 Christian Dior
 Iris Van Herpen
Iris Van Herpen

No comments:

Post a Comment